Topics Covered in This Policy:
1. What data do we collect?
2. How do we collect your data?
3. How will we use your data?
4. How do we store your data?
5. Do we use you data for marketing?
6. What are your data protection rights?
8. How to contact us
9. How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
The Validation Station collects the following data:
1. First Name
2. Telephone Number
How will we use your data?
The Validation Station collects your data so that we can:
1. Send you a daily text message.
How do we store your data?
1. The Validation Station securely stores your data in a database, and only the Validation Station development team have access to the credentials for this. Text messages are sent via an automated system.
2. The Validation Station will keep your data as long as the service continues to operate, or until you opt out by sending the word STOP to our service number. Your data will then be completely deleted from our database.
1. The Validation Station will never use your data for marketing purposes or for any reason other than the stated operation of the service.
2. You may opt out of recieving messages any time by sending the word STOP to our service number.
What are your data protection rights?
The Validation Station would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
1. The right to access:
You have the right to request The Validation Station for copies of your personal data.
2. The right to rectification:
You have the right to request that The Validation Station correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Validation Station to complete information you believe is incomplete.
3. The right to erasure:
You have the right to request that The Validation Station erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
4. The right to restrict processing:
You have the right to request that The Validation Station restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
5. The right to object to processing:
You have the right to object to The Validation Station's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
6. The right to data portability:
You have the right to request that The Validation Station transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Validation Station has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
The ICO can be contacted by one of the methods listed at